Monday, November 27, 2006

Adjusting

It seems everyone is having a hard to time adjusting to Oregon, which is what I expected. On Thanksgiving I drove down to Newport to visit everyone. Wah-Wah said she was tired of living with my parents and wanted to leave soon. She had been stuck in my parent's house for over a week and everyone was getting on everyone else's nerves.
We ended up driving into Portland Saturday night and stayed in our house despite the fact we have no furniture or anything else. It was like camping, but indoors. Wah-Wah and I both have noticed that the kids are acting a little different. Woogy is getting more defiant and fighting more with his sister. He is also not listening very well and blocking things out. Nibbles is also not doing too well. She cannot stay in a different room from Wah-Wah without screaming. We went to Imago Dei on Sunday and dropped her off in the 1yr old class. Within 10 mins we were paged to go get her. Apparently she was so upset, that she was upsetting the other babies in the classroom. (Of course Nibbles has never been willing to stay in the classroom in OP either, but this seems worse)
Even the dog seems to be acting odd. Yesterday, Monty ran outside and got in the car when we were leaving to go somewhere. Normally he would get out when we ask him, but this time he wouldn't.
I hope with our things arriving today that life will start to settle in again.

6 comments:

windarkwingod said...

I remember "camping" in our new house in Overland Park when we were living with Roamer's folks. I liked it. I also remember camping in an apartment in Everett, Washington when I was 4 or 5 years old. My Dad got a job with Boeing and our furniture truck had not arrived. It was a weird week of sleeping on the floor and getting up early to take my Dad to work. Later memories were really cool as I grew used to the place. Dad got layed-off my first year of school and we moved back to KC. I still wonder what it would have been like to grow-up just outside of Seattle.

shakedust said...

There is always an adjustment period when making a big change. Hopefully you'll get through yours soon.

I've lived a lot of my life out of boxes during a move. That is definitely no fun.

GoldenSunrise said...

I hope your stuff arrives safely. It does take time to adjust to a new state, home, church, etc.

We will be thinking of you guys. Hang in there!

T said...

I bet once all your routines are in place and like you said, you have your stuff everyone will feel more settled.

Dash said...

They say that if you are doing ok enough to notice the stress other people are experiencing ... it's a good thing.

Let us know if you get any extra stuff when you unpack - we got a few thing the last time we moved. It was a fun surprise ... but it made us wonder what was missing.

roamingwriter said...

It's a big adjustment. Give yourselves time. A routine will help the kids immensely I'm sure.