When last I posted, it was looking like we may not be moving, but that seems to be changing. I was offered a job at Trillium in Portland. The pay isn't great, but better than I expected. We still haven't received an offer from Wah-Wah's future employer. They have checked references twice and said that they are very interested, but no offer. I think I'm starting to lose patience with them. The final decision to move will be based on her offer and how much it is. I'm suppose to start my new job in two weeks, but I haven't decided on how I'm going to get out there. I know I don't want to drive the kids out there since it's over three long days of driving. I'm hoping we can ship both cars and just fly out there.
Things seem to be coming together on finding a place to live. My parents did some house hunting and found a home near my work and in a good school district. It's a three bedroom ranch style house. It's got a two car garage and a fire place. I don't think we could afford it, but my dad said that he'll buy it and rent it out to us with the intend on selling it to us later . It's nice to have rich parents. He said the house was in excellent shape. I do trust his judgment since he seems to have good taste in property. I don't like the idea of my dad owning my house, but realistically we couldn't afford this place. Plus I can get out of the house easier if we decide to move. I like the fact that there is a park across the street and it is in a up and coming neighborhood with lots of shopping near by.
Frankly, it's got to be better than what we have now. Apparently I couldn't dump my house off on the neighbors. That plan sank, so now we are going to try to sell out on the market.
We spent the weekend cleaning it up and Wah-Wah even painted the whole inside. She's pretty efficient when she decides to do something. Still just taking it one day at a time