Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Two for Two

It is beginning to look like my plan to move to Oregon isn't working out. Today I got my second rejection from one of the 3 companies I interviewed with in Oregon a few weeks ago. That's two down, one to go. The guy from Mid Valley Rehab said that they promoted someone from within the company. It is a little discouraging especially when I went out and bought a new suit and spend a couple hundred on interview coaching. It is good to see that money went to a good cause.
Now my only hope is with Trillium children's services and a really good offer. They called my references last week, but I still hadn't heard anything. I've got a few applications into DFS, but haven't heard back. Wah-Wah hasn't heard from her interviewer yet either, which is really strange. I'd thought they would have an offer when we came back to KC. Unless Wah-Wah gets a really good offer, I'd say that we aren't going to move at this point (which is fine with me). But who knows? We have been back and fourth on moving for so long now, I'd like to see it come to an end and a decision be made. It would be nice to know were you are going to live in a month.

5 comments:

shakedust said...

Yeah, it's good to have a final decision. Not knowing must be frustrating for you and Wah-Wah both, since it sounds like she was excited about the idea.

forrest said...

You could always sell insurance. ;)

windarkwingod said...

Just don't read that book "The Grapes of Wrath" right now....

Roaming Writer said...

Certainty is a lovely luxury that I would like to have all the time! Hope you get a sense of what to do at this point in time. You can always try again in a year or two.

shakedust said...

So, what decision did you make?