Friday, April 15, 2005

Goodbye to the Stars
The month of May is just around the corner and with this we say goodbye to the two geek magnets that have been around for years. I'm talking Star Wars and Star Trek. Both series end in May for those who don't know. For the first time in my life there will be no new Star Wars or Star Trek. Honestly however, it's probably best that way.Star Wars will probably always be in pop culture, but the long question that I've wondered since 1977 will be answered: How did the guy in the scary mask, loud breathing, and James Earl Jone's voice, ever father a baby. Then I reliezed he must have done it before he became Darth Vader . I mean what kind of girl finds a guy with blinking buttons on his chest attractive?George Lucas does plan to keep Star Wars going by doing "Star Wars 3-D". Yes, it seems George Lucas is never satisfisfied. But instead of continuing messing up the special effects, why can't he do something about the acting? CGI can do such wonderful things, but it can't take away Luke shouting "Carrie!" after he destorys the Death Star. Nor can CGI do anything about the awful hair cuts that plague the serious.Star Trek on the other hand will probably be forgotten. Most fans have already forgotten it as the ratings indicate. When you are the lowest rated show on UPN, it's a curtain call. I've liked Star Trek for years, but the glory days are over. As for Star Trek:Enterprise ending, all I can say is I hope they don't make another spin off.Star Trek was a unique show, and offered man kind hope for the future. It seems aliens from across the galaxy speak very good english (yet I go down 10 miles to Armdale and I can't understand a word). Yet for all the great possiblities Star Trek envisioned, it shows man kind no hope for hair loss (Captian Picard) or weight loss (Mr. Scott).The question is what will us closet sci-fi geeks turn to now? X-files is long over. No more Lord of the Rings. Time will tell.
posted by Achtung BB at 1:35 PM 0 comments

1 comment:

windarkwingod said...

I can't keep up with your blogs! But I'm honored to be the first to comment...